Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Three Years

     Three years ago, I moved to Haiti. I had absolutely no idea what I was doing, but thankfully, God knew exactly what he was doing. I spent the rest of that school year teaching First Grade, and switched to Preschool the next fall. Now, I'm in my third year of teaching Preschool and music. It feels like I just got here, and yet it also feels a bit like I've been here forever. Three years went fast.
     Three years of learning a new language and culture, and falling completely in love with this country and its people. I've been blessed with a wonderful second family and amazing friends, both Haitian and American. I have been -and continue to be- stretched well beyond what I could ever have I believed I was capable of. There are not enough words to describe how much I have learned, grown, and changed since I moved here. God has done amazing things. Anything I have accomplished is solely by the grace of the One who brought me here. I am so incredibly grateful for the past three years. And I look forward to seeing what God will bring in the years to come.
Here are a few of my favorite moments.


Learning the ropes from Mme. Stephen my first week in Haiti.
First Grade 2013

My First Grade class





My first Preschool class, 2013-2014



Exploring Cap Haïtien with friends.








One of many amazing families I have had the
privilege of getting to know.
My second Preschool class, 2014-2015


Getting caught on a tap-tap in the rain isn't so
bad when you have great company.









My Bible study girls - all incredibly beautiful, intelligent, and crazy fun.

Ayiti Cheri. Beloved Haiti.

No comments:

Post a Comment