Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Visiting Friends

     Last week, I visited a family that has become very dear to me since I moved here. They live in La Pointe de Palmistes, a small town that's about a ten minute taxi ride from Port-de-Paix. I have made several visits to their home before, as two of their children attend Sonlight. I had Rood Kendy in my First Grade class three years ago (he's now in Fourth Grade), and I sponsor his younger sister Kenderlie, who is in my Second Grade music class this year. I've made several visits to their home before, with other teachers and once with my parents, who are Rood Kendy's sponsors. I went this time with Laura and Catherine, the Second and Fourth Grade teachers at Sonlight.
   I always enjoy seeing the kids at their home, and I especially love getting to talk to their parents. They are so invested in their kids, both academically and spiritually, and you can feel the love in their home. Here are some pictures from the visit.



With my sweet and spunky Kenderlie



Sisters


No comments:

Post a Comment