Sunday, March 24, 2013

Art Week

   This week in first grade, we learned all about art. We read stories about making art, looked at pictures of famous paintings, and we ended the week making watercolor paintings. Was I a little scared to give all of my thirty one kids paint and cups of water? Yes. However, they were great. We only had one incident of "He painted my shirt, so I painted his back!", and other than that, it was a lot of fun!
   I loved seeing how many different designs my kids made. A lot of my boys painted Batman or Spiderman, and the girls did lots of flowers and hearts. Boats were a popular subject for both the boys and the girls. However, even with the similarities, each painting was original and uniquely beautiful.
   I hung the paintings in the hallway outside our classroom today, and they look great!  Below are some pictures of the day we painted, and of the finished paintings in the hallway. Enjoy the art-and the smiles!

1 comment: