Wednesday, August 27, 2014

First Day of Preschool!

   The first day of Preschool this year was a lot like last year. One by one my new little students walked through the classroom door, with varied reactions. Some walked in like they owned the place, some cried and held on their moms and dads for dear life. Some were curious and wanted to touch everything right away, some went straight to their seats and stayed there with a deer-in-the-headlights look for the rest of the day. Some were scared of me. :) For my part, I spent the morning alternating between teaching and being almost unable to handle the amount of cuteness in my classroom. While teaching Preschool isn't for everyone, it is an undisputed fact that they are the most adorable class in the school. :)
    The next few days will be full of awkwardness and adjustments-for myself as well as the students. Resetting my rhythm and teaching style to fit the beginning of the year, getting to know 31 new little faces, names and personalities, and the ever-present language barrier all present a challenge. But every day, little by little, it will get easier, and I am looking forward to every minute of it. Learning to love these new students, teaching them everything from the alphabet to cutting paper (Yes, next week I'm giving all 31 four-year-olds scissors at the same time. Prayers much appreciated. ;) ), and most importantly getting to introduce them to Jesus Christ. It's a responsibility that I do not take lightly, and I'm humbled that God has chosen to use me in this way.
   Here are some pictures from our first day!
Our classroom!

Joanide
This is the "I wish that crazy white girl would quit telling
me to smile and leave me alone" face. She'll like me better in a few days. :)

Wildjena coloring her apple. 

Vienji
That smile. Be still my heart.


Gabriella
Rodlyn

1 comment:

  1. What a privilege to share Jesus with these beautiful children! thank you for sharing. I will be praying for you. Clella

    ReplyDelete