Saturday, August 23, 2014

It's Good to be Home

   After a whirlwind summer, I was so excited to get back to Haiti and a normal routine. While this past week has kept me busy with unpacking and setting up my classroom, I've also had time to rest and think about this coming year. I've loved catching up with friends, being with my Sonlight family again, and (of course) spending time with Bendjy. :) My heart is full. It's so good to be home.
   We've had staff orientation and meetings, and a prayer walk through the school on Wednesday. We walk as a group through each classroom and take turns praying for each other, the students and the upcoming school year. It's a humbling, holy and emotional experience, and it has become one of my favorite traditions at Sonlight.
  I am also excited to begin my first semester as a student at Sonlight Bible College! While there will definitely be some challenges (handling coursework and classes in addition to teaching, being the only American student) I am excited to learn and continue to grow in my knowledge of God, the Bible and my faith.
   Monday morning is Inscription (or Registration), and I cannot wait to meet my students! School will officially begin Wednesday, and I'll start teaching music classes for 2nd-6th grades the following week.
   Please continue to pray for Sonlight as we get ready for another year!
 
Here are some snapshots from my first week back in Haiti:

A view of Port-de-Paix from the airplane.
With Alisha and Cindy at orientation.



My friend and fellow teacher Tara praying for me during the prayer walk.


We took a trip to the market downtown to get some supplies.


My SBC badge! I'm thrilled to be taking some classes this semester!

2 comments:

  1. Prayers for you as you start school this week

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayers and smooches and hugs and book recommendations! (All good things, yeah? :D)

    ReplyDelete